Thursday, April 19, 2012

Life Well Lived, part one


I have often dreamed of having a home in the country. But, I also like city life. Right now, I am kind of stuck in between in the suburbs.

A visit to my sister-in-law’s house this past weekend further fueled my country cravings. In fact, her house is not too far from the city, so she has the best of both worlds.

She and her husband have taken a 1960s bungalow and turned it into a beautiful Cape Cod-style home. They are in the midst of renovating the interior now, as well as landscaping their ample property. In the meantime, they make the best of it by spending lots of time outdoors. They have a lovely, large front porch and beautiful front doors.

 Here is my daughter on the porch.




I took this photo.

And then Tiger the one-eyed cat got tired of waiting for attention.


Here he is sharing the porch with my mother-in-law, "Nonna."
Sigmund, on the other hand, would have been happy to be left alone.
Here’s my nephew (one of a pair of twins) with the family bunny.
This beautiful puppy is Maple. When I saw her last at Christmas, she was a tiny pup. Makes you wonder just how big she is going to be. Good thing she is totally loving and sucky.
Here is Spike the turtle.

They have some chickens too, and one rooster they got by accident. My sister-in-law likes listening to him anyway.

Here’s my brother-in-law feeding the little guys.

Here is the first of two homes for the chickens.
That's it for part one of Life Well Lived, mainly because it takes me so long to get these pictures posted.

Part two can be found here.

16 comments:

  1. These photos are amazing!!! The house looks like the kind of place where you could completely relax. And Maple! Omg, too sweet!!! I love the blue...

    You sound like me only I veer between wanting the beach town life and the city life (with the beach town usually winning). I'm stuck in the suburbs, too - however 45-60 minutes from both so I shouldn't complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, My camera gives me such a hard time. I think I am going to have to get a new one. My SIL's home is very relaxing, for me at least. ;) She was busy entertaining us. Maple is completely adorable. You can add beach town to my wish list too, now that you mention it! That would be amazing.

      Delete
  2. I've always been a city-life lover, but I can't help admiring the romance of your pictures! Adorable;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like people watching in the city, but animal watching in the country is nice too. ;)

      Delete
    2. Ha-ha! that's funny;-))) sometimes it's hard to find the difference between the two;-)))

      Delete
  3. that house is amazing!
    lovely photographs!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo! BTW, my nieces and nephews call me ziajojo. That's my twitter name too!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful place! I think I wouldn't mind a little country life if my place looked like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Ruthie! I can't wait until they finish the inside and I can show you that too.

      Delete
  5. How fantastic & very exciting-- can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son can't wait to go back! I think he would rather live with them. Seriously! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, sweet Tiger!

    I miss my big-city life everyday. I'm counting down the years until we move back to Chicago. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tiger is sweet. My SIL found him on the street and he had a bad eye infection.

      I have never been to Chicago, but I would love to go!

      Delete
  7. I'm the same way. I like the country, but I also like being close to things so it's the suburbs for now. I really wish I had a front porch like that! Love the chickens too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved a proper front porch too. Mine is kind of boring. The chickens are so sweet! Have a great weekend!

      Delete